- PublicationOpen AccessTasarımda Yeni Bir Boyut: Hizmet Tasarımı(The Turkish Online Journal of Design Art and Communication, 2015-10) İlisulu, İnanç; TR27325The purpose of this research are the description of service design, its appearance and being able to understand this concept in terms of design by examining the coming developments. The pattern of research is “the case study” and the type of research is “illustrative case study” in this work which the qualitative research method was used. “The document review”, that was one of qualitative data collection tools, was used for the purpose of this research. In this study, all the important aspects of service design such as its principles, methodology and tools were explained by examining in depth in the result of document review and analysis. At the end of the study, it is understood that the most important components of service design are consumer experiences and innovation solutions. At the same time, it is seen that the most important components adopt multidisciplinary approach and consumer centred.
- PublicationOpen AccessPopüler Kültürün Sanat Ve Tasarım Ürünlerini Kitschleştirmesi(The Turkish Online Journal of Design Art and Communication, 2015-10) Kahraman, Mehmet Emin; TR44213In this study, the concept of kitsch as an symbol of popular culture is analyzed. Moreover, its impact on designer’s products is explored in relation to culture as well the use of works of art as kitsch. The use of kitsch, understood as ‘degenerate appreciation’ and ‘fake aesthetics’, in the commercials of some well-known companies constitutes the main problem of this study. The sub-problems of the study are the artists, the subjects and objects of art themselves, becoming kitsch, advertising making use of kitsch and the effect of advertisements in advertising ethics. In order to find answers to these problems, five advertisements/commercials below are analyzed: · The pen “Da Vinci Code” of Tibaldi · The medication Zeldox produced by Pfizer for schizophrenia · The duct tape adverstisement of Teba · Citroen’s Picasso line of cars · The “81 Forests in 81 Cities” commercial of İşbank Common points between the reasons why kitsch objects were preferred for these commercials/advertisements and the products themselves are analyzed. The advertising strategies that make use of kitsch in these commercials with the aim of getting the products bought by large numbers of people are explored. Some recommendations are also made with the ethical dimensions in mind.
- PublicationOpen Access360 Derece Panoramik Görüntü Veren Sanal Müzelerin Grafik Tasarım Açısından İncelenmesi(The Turkish Online Journal of Design Art and Communication, 2015-10) Kalıncı, ElifThis research is a descriptive study and based on scanning model. The very basic aim of this investigation is to thinking in the training mission analysing of virtual museum which is an located within the Ministry of Culture and Tourism and provides 360 degree panoramic image in terms of graphich design. In accordance with this chief objective, the 3-point Likert type scale was formed and utilized for gathering data in conformity with subobjectives. Assestment scale comprise 26 questions about graphic design and functionality related to subobjectives. The sample of research consists Amasya, Anatolian Civilization and Isparta virtual museum which are an located within the Ministry of Culture And Tourism‘s official web site and provides 360 degree panoramic image were selected by means of purposeful sampling.The study group of this investigation is formed by 60 experts such as lecturers and experts work in the industry. Supervision of the experts benefited in order to verify the content validity of the scale. In the analysis of reliability, interior consistency Cronbach Alpha coefficient was used. In order to analyze the data SPSS software was used and the frequency and percentage values calculated were tabulated and interpreted according to the findings obtained. As a result of findings obtained; it is concluded that the virtual museums have some problems about basic graphic design such as lack integrity between colour and virtuality, non-hierarchical order between elements and don’t have a uniqe desing because of the reasons that some parts of visual museums being revised again. The functionality buttons are not usefull as they ment to be. Also 360 degree panoromic images lack resolution and inefficieny of the zoom range make difficult to get closer look to the pieces. The all design elements such as image, color and typography which are used in virtual museums are supposed be interrelated ,synchronized and be planned according to this design philosophy.
- PublicationOpen AccessÜç Boyutlu Sayısal Ortam Araçlarının Görsel İletişim Tasarımı Bağlamında Öğretimi: Bir Lisans Dersi Örneği(The Turkish Online Journal of Design Art and Communication, 2015-10) Tüker, Çetin; TR122123In this study, design principles of a ‘three dimensional modeling and animation tool instruction’ have been studied in the context of visual communication design domain by analyzing the ‘Computer Animation and 3D modeling’ course. The course is designed based on constructivist and elaboration theories. Visual design modules have been designed with software instruction modules as an organic inseparable body. Two student groups attended the course as 35 and 15 people. Couse has been analyzed by using qualitative case study techniques and ‘design principles for three dimensional tool instruction instruction’ have been listed as: instruction, technical issues related with software and hardware, instructor, software interface, spatial visualization abilities, course duration and group issues.
- PublicationOpen AccessGrafik Ve Fotoğraf Alanı Baskıya Hazırlık Modüllerine Yönelik Bir Yeterlilik Araştırması(The Turkish Online Journal of Design Art and Communication, 2015-10) Coşkun, Cumhur; TR25931The very basic aim of this investigation is to determine the effectiveness of prepress (make-ready) module of the printing preparation course which is an applied course of Graphics and Photograph Department in Vocational and Technical High Schools and constituting an example module suitable for the educational material which is concluded as an enriched design for being part of prepress (make-ready) module in accordance with these detected results. In accordance with this chief objective, a 5-point Likert type scale was formed and utilized for gathering data in conformity with subobjectives. The study group of this investigation is formed by 30 teachers who give lessons in printing preparation and working in Graphic and Photograph Departments of Vocational and Technical High Schools were selected by means of purposeful sampling. In order to verify the content validity of the scale, the supervision of experts is benefited from. In the analysis of reliability, interior consistency Cronbach Alpha coefficient was used. In order to analyze the data SPSS software was used and the data of the arithmetic mean, frequency, percentage and standard deviation values calculated were tabulated and interpreted according to the findings obtained. As a result of findings obtained; it is concluded that the module of prepress (make-ready) has problem of to supporting individual learning, content and up-to-dateness which are the reasons for it being revised again.