- PublicationOpen AccessBasılı Mizahtan Paylaşılan Mizaha Doğru Dönüşüm: İnternette Mizah(The Turkish Online Journal of Design Art and Communication, 2015-01) Karahisar, Tüba; TR180354Humour was always present in the Turkish culture both in verbal and printed form. For example, Nasreddin Hodja, Karagöz and Hacivat were the greatest representatives of the oral tradition, whereas Nef'i, Nabi, Poet Esref, Neyzen Tevfik were the masters of satire. Humour has been the savior of the people in troubled times during the Ottoman Empire period and after the establishment of the Republic. Humour is one of the important criteria to understand the political and economic ups and downs of the society. Although there are attempts to suppress illustrators from time to time since humour is seen as tool of domination by the governments, today, humour continues to be made and shared on the Internet and in the streets. Purpose of this study is to investigate the Turkish humour based on the historical periods and to reveal who makes the digital humour, reasons for the Z generation to prefer visual humour instead of printed humour and why captioned images are more appealing for the young people. A literature review was conducted for the study, and secondary sources were utilized for data collection (such as contemporary published humour magazines, the Internet pages and social media accounts of these humour magazines, humour related websites, social media pages of virtual humour characters and so on.).
- PublicationOpen Access18.Yy. Osmanlı Dönemini Konu Alan Epik Film Anlatısının Karakter Ve Mekan Tasarımında Minyatür Sanatının İşlevi: Levni’Nin Kebir Musavver Silsilename İsimli Eserindeki Dört Padişah Portresinin Epik Tasarım Özellikleri(The Turkish Online Journal of Design Art and Communication, 2015-01) Yakut, İnci; TR156391The aim of this study is to demonstrate the place of miniature art in making character and space design of 18th century Ottoman period Epic Film Narrative. It has been examined contributions of miniature art in making character and space design for epic film in this study. It has been applied social semiotics technics on four Sultan portrait showing character and space in integration selected from Kebir Musavver Silsilename by Levni. It is important to express the weavings and ornaments of clothing and accessory of Sultans and weaving and ornaments of interior in the space in portrait miniatures . Using the features of epic design in miniatrures will increase reality in epic film design. To examine character and space design of Art areas (miniature, literary texts e.t.c.) including epic narrative in the research phase for Scenerio is indicator of the requirement interaction between the arts. To provide with the interaction between the arts for getting epic reality is necessary arts literacy relating visual and written art areas having epic narrative.
- PublicationOpen AccessYeni Dijital Çağda Toplumsal Hareketlerde Meydana Gelen Dönüşüm(The Turkish Online Journal of Design Art and Communication, 2015-01) Çaycı, Berk; TR14154Transformations at technological economical, political, social and cultural fields within historical process has been effecting all units of society. Herewith, transformation which occurs in field of human activity, generates changeovers on societies’ shape of understanding and interpretation the world. At the core of this change, new media which includes new digital communication medias like increasing individual mobility and social networking webs with generic definiton is located as well as economical, political, social, ideological and cultural factors. As a consequence of these; traditional movements have been giving place to new non-rigid decentralised global movements that universal values are supported with the process of passing to post-industrial era. Within new era, owing to internet converges to mobil communication technologies, individuals who are organised with the networks, can come together within the scope of universal topics like notably “quality of life”, “human rights”, “terrorism threat” and enviromental movements, internet freedom, violence to women, democratic participation and freedom. With this study, transformation in social movements through historical process will be presented within the scope of an argumantative work with economical, social, cultural and technological dimensions- notably globalization- and it will be chronogically in order.
- PublicationOpen AccessSiyasi Kutuplaşmanın Marka İmaj Ve İtibarlarına Etkisi: Türkiye’De Tüketicinin Yahudilikle İlişkilendirdiği Markalara Bakışı Üzerine Bir Eleştiri(The Turkish Online Journal of Design Art and Communication, 2015-01) Kırgız, Ayça C.The main reason why the businesses want to create psychological differences rather than physical or functional differences is the existence of many companies providing similar products and services in the market. Provision of products and services exceeding the requests and needs of clientele, similarity of each and every one of them with each other both physically and functionally, the requirement of selling them due to inventory and other different costs have made it compulsory to emphasize on establishing psychological bonds between such products, and the consumers. The brands, over time, have begun to be employed with symbolic purposes in addition to their physical or functional properties by differentiating from each other with an eye to gain competitive advantage and establish psychological bonds with consumers. The consumers receive help from the brands they consume in creating social identity. In this sense, brands act as a kind of social passport. In our day it is not possible to examine brands separately from their psychological, political, social and cultural dimensions. To understand the variables of brands such as class and status in terms of sociology; groups and ethnic origin in terms of politics; motivations and habits in terms of psychology and pleasure and meaning in terms of anthropology more than the price and functions of brands plays an important role in creating the image and reputation of the desired brand. For, the consumers also consume the meanings offered by the brands in addition to brands themselves. In this study, it is researched how brands create an impact on the brand image and reputation by the effect of ethnic and religious origins, the political developments in the world and political and social structures in the society they exist. As such, the impact of the Israel and Jewish originated global brands- due to the Israel’s being the leading actor of the Palestinian-Israeli war- on Turkish consumers is researched and discussed.
- PublicationOpen AccessAnimasyon Sinemasına Ekoeleştirel Yaklaşım: “Wall-E” Filminin İncelenmesi(The Turkish Online Journal of Design Art and Communication, 2015-01) Güngör, Arif Can; TR31693Our century is an age of science and technology. At the same time, degradation of ecological balance and environmental pollution problems are in a parallel course against scientific and technological development. This constantly produces to new paradigms in issues about technology and degradation of ecological balance. Human, disrupts ecological balance, puts into words the existing results and/or eventuality of this degradation with narratives and can also provides solutions. In this context, the animation film “Wall-E” was investigated in the article how put forward in the reasons and results of degraded ecological balance. In the research, approach of the film that criticizes environmental pollution in the world was tackled with an ecocritical paradigm. One of the most admired animation film in the recent Wall-E was observed from first day to present in the article. Environmental problems are introduced can be listed like this: what critics are mentioned, whether have a view to greenwashing or not are examined with the analysis of discourse from the topics or not; “Shallow Ecology of the Consumer Society”, “Adam and Eva”, “Axiom from Utopia to Dystopia”, “Conflict of Human-Machine and New Materialism”. Althouhg Wall-E criticized to capitalism and consumer society and was a product of it, seems problematic about making a deep ecological perspective.