Scopus İndeksli Yayınlar / Scopus Indexed Publications
Bu koleksiyon için kalıcı URI
- YayınSadece MetadataA Review on Blockchain Applications in Fintech Ecosystem(Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., 2022) Karadağ, Bulut; AKBULUT, AKHAN; Zaim, Abdül HalimThe term fintech started to become popular from the 90s. With the rapid development of technology and the widespread use of the internet, Fintech has become a sector in itself, especially since 2004. Within the framework of Fintech, there have been a number of advances in ATM, credit cards, debit cards, mobile transactions, internet banking and digital banking infrastructure and transactions. The emergence of Bitcoin in 2008 caused us to hear the term blockchain frequently, and the path of blockchain technology intersected with fintech. The decentralization of the blockchain, thanks to its distributed ledger structure, made it possible to make Bitcoin transfers without intermediaries. After Bitcoin, the emergence of crypto assets like Ethereum opened the way for these transactions to be programmable as an infrastructure. Programmable blockchain infrastructures have started to be used not only in financial transactions, but also in sectors such as health, supply chain, education and insurance. There are different academic studies on applications related to these sectors. However, there is no such a review that includes them all together for finance. In this study, blockchain applications in the fintech ecosystem were investigated and included in a single study. In particular, it was explained in which business it was used and in which business there was a market volume. In addition, possible future blockchain applications were also mentioned. © 2022 IEEE.
- YayınSadece MetadataReliability and Validity of the Turkish Version of Body Attitude Test in Women with Breast Cancer(Springer, 2022) Şahin, Sedef; Huri, Meral; Köse, Barkın; AKEL, BURCU SEMİN; Probst, MichelThis study aims to examine the reliability and validity of the Turkish version of Body Attitude Test among women with breast cancer. The study included 101 voluntary women with breast cancer stage 1, 2 or 3 from different regions of Turkey. The Turkish versions of Body Attitude Test, Body Shape Questionnaire and Eating Attitudes Test were applied twice with a 7- day interval. The test demonstrated high test-retest reliability (Intra-class Correlation Coefficient = 0.95) with a good internal consistency (Cronbach’s alpha = 0.82; McDonald’s omega = 0.89) for all domains. The confirmatory factor analysis resulted in 4 factor structures and at an acceptable good fit-in with x2/df for BAT. The Body Attitude Test correlated strongly with the Body Shape Questionnaire and Eating Attitudes Test (p < 0.05). The results support the Turkish version of the test is a valid and reliable instrument that can be used to measure the body attitude of women with breast cancer. This test can be used as an appropriate measurement tool in assessing the subjective attitude towards the body in women with breast cancer. © 2020, Springer Science+Business Media, LLC, part of Springer Nature.
- YayınKısıtlıTransformation of Home Environments in Pandemic: the Concept of “Life Fits Into Room” in the New Normal(Emerald Group Holdings Ltd., 2022) BİRER, EMEL; HASGÜL, ESİN; CAN, ERENPurpose: Pandemic process has led re-questioning home environments within adaptations of new activities inside due to the restriction of outdoor usage. This paper aims to reveal spatial transformations carried out through the time spent at home during the COVID-19 pandemic. Design/methodology/approach: A qualitative study is carried out based on Garfinkel’s (1961) ethnomethodology method (documentary method of interpretation). Analysis focused on the first month of pandemic in which urgent adaptations and solutions produced at home, and the situation in last two weeks of pandemic is analyzed within a control group and comparisons were made. Perec’s (1974) statement of “a user's manual” is used as a checklist of time-space-activity observations proposed on “mondayness, tuesdayness, wednesdayness, thursdayness, fridayness, saturdayness and sundayness.” Instead of daily period, activities performed on a weekly scale were recorded and time-dependent shifts of functions were revealed. Findings: Findings introduced new discussion topics to examine dwelling spaces in “new normal.” Comparisons indicate that hypothesis of gathering all activities in room in terms of “life fits into room” concept is directed through rapid spatial behaviors in daily life as primary adaptation. Research limitations/implications: Although pandemic process continues after study, analysis of first four weeks are accepted as the period of rapid change and compared by last two weeks of pandemic. Originality/value: Pandemic indicators proposed in study brings along that there is little information on the subject in literature. Socio-spatial findings address the examinations of spatial transformations into pandemic adaptation. © 2021, Emerald Publishing Limited.
- YayınKısıtlıEffect of the Head of Bed Elevation on Back Pain After Elective Coronary Angiography: A Randomized Controlled Trial(W.B. Saunders, 2022) TÜREN, SEVDA; YILMAZ, RAHİME ATAKOĞLU; Yeşiltepe, Nezahat; Bektaş, İbrahimBackground: Patients are restricted to bed and required to lie flat after coronary angiography (CAG) due to potential risk of vascular complications. This often cause back pain. Aim: We aimed to investigate effect of the head of bed (HOB) elevation on back pain and vascular complications after elective CAG. Methods: Three hundred and seven consecutive patients who underwent elective CAG were randomized into three groups. One control (HOB: 0 degree-flat position) and two experimental (HOB: 15 and 30°) groups were compared. Back pain level was assessed by using visual analogue scale. Results: Mean age was 58.1 ± 10.7 and 59.9% (n = 184) of patients were male. Pain level at the 3rd hour and at the 6th hour was significantly higher in control group compared to experimental groups. In the post-hoc analysis, pain level was significantly higher in HOB 15 compared to 30°. In multivariate analysis, HOB elevation to 30° was the only independent predictor of the pain level at 3rd hour and 6th hour. Only one patient in the HOB 0 degree group had a minor bleeding at the access site. Conclusions: Elevation of the HOB to 30° was associated with decreased back pain level without increased risk of vascular complications. © 2022 Elsevier Inc.
- YayınKısıtlıEvaluation of the Spectrum of Proteolytic Activity of Micromycetes of the Genus Aspergillus in Relation to Proteins of the Hemostasis System(Pleiades Publishing, 2022) Osmolovskiy, A.A.; ŞAŞ, B.; Aleksandrova, A.V.; Baranova, N.A.; Kreyer V.G.Abstract: The activity of extracellular proteinases in seven strains of different species of micromycetes of the genus Aspergillus in relation to proteins of the hemostasis system was studied. Comparison of the values of enzymatic indices during the growth of strains on agar media with casein and fibrin, followed by their submerged fermentation fermentation and analysis of amidolytic activity with chromogenic peptide substrates of proteinases of the hemostasis system, made it possible to select the A. candidus A4 and A. crustosus A29 strains as promising producers of fibrinolytic proteinases. The proteinases formed by both strains were able to cleave the chromogenic peptide substrates of thrombin, plasmin, factor X, protein C, and urokinase, exhibiting high plasmin-like and thrombin-like activity and not having an activating effect on the proenzymes of the hemostasis system. © 2022, Allerton Press, Inc.