- PublicationRestrictedAssessment of Psychometric Characteristics of the Coronavirus Anxiety Scale in Patients with Preexisting Psychiatric Disorders(Taylor & Francis, 2022, (Early Access, 2021)) Karahamet, Elif; Angın, Ülkem; Yılmaz, Onat; DENİZ, DERYA; Konuk, NumanThis study aimed to evaluate the psychometric characteristics of the Turkish version of the CAS in a Turkish psychiatric outpatient setting. A total of 198 patients with a preexisting psychiatric disorder completed the CAS scale. The scale's validity and reliability were evaluated using convergent and concurrent validity, internal consistency, exploratory and confirmatory factor analyses, and ROC analysis. The Turkish version of CAS might help physicians assess the COVID-19 associated anxiety in patients with psychiatric comorbidities.
- PublicationOpen AccessSynthesis, Molecular Modelling, FT-IR, Raman and NMR Characterization, Molecular Docking and ADMET Study of New Nickel(II) Complex with an N4-Tetradentate Thiosemicarbazone(Taylor and Francis Ltd., 2021) Eğlence-Bakır, Songül; Çelik, Sefa; Şahin, Musa; Ozel, Ayşen E.; AKYÜZ, SEVİM; Ülküseven, BahriA new nickel(II) complex was synthesized by using S-propyl-thiosemicarbazide and 2-amino-3,5-dibromobenzaldehyde. The complex, obtained by the template effect of nickel ions, was structurally analysed by experimental and theoretical vibrational spectroscopy, NMR and density functional theory (DFT) calculations. By using DFT/B3LYP method with 6-311++G(d, p) basis set, the most stable molecular structure of the title molecule was calculated. The fundamental vibrational wavenumbers, IR and Raman intensities for the optimized structure of the molecule under investigation were determined and compared with the experimental vibrational spectra. The vibrational assignment was achieved using the calculated potential energy distributions of the vibrational modes. Moreover, the molecular electrostatic potential (MEP), the highest occupied molecular orbital (HOMO) and the lowest occupied molecular orbital (LUMO) energies were calculated, Molecular docking of the molecule was carried out against DNA in order to identify the potential inhibitory action of the title compound. The findings suggested that the aforementioned compound has a strong binding affinity to interact with DNA residues DT8, DC9, DG12, DG16, DA17, and DA18 through the intermolecular hydrogen bonds. Also the performed in silico ADMET analysis was the prediction of the synthesized molecule’s pharmacokinetic and toxicity profile expressing good oral drug like actions and non-toxic nature. The complex has been shown to have the possibility to become a model molecule for drug development processes. Communicated by Ramaswamy H. Sarma. © 2020 Informa UK Limited, trading as Taylor & Francis Group.
- PublicationOpen AccessA Design of an Integrated Cloud-Based Intrusion Detection System with Third Party Cloud Service(Walter de Gruyter GmbH, 2021) Elmasry, Wisam; AKBULUT, AKHAN; Zaim, Abdul HalimAlthough cloud computing is considered the most widespread technology nowadays, it still suffers from many challenges, especially related to its security. Due to the open and distributed nature of the cloud environment, this makes the cloud itself vulnerable to various attacks. In this paper, the design of a novel integrated Cloud-based Intrusion Detection System (CIDS) is proposed to immunise the cloud against any possible attacks. The proposed CIDS consists of five main modules to do the following actions: monitoring the network, capturing the traffic flows, extracting features, analyzing the flows, detecting intrusions, taking a reaction, and logging all activities. Furthermore an enhanced bagging ensemble system of three deep learning models is utilized to predict intrusions effectively. Moreover, a third-party Cloud-based Intrusion Detection System Service (CIDSS) is also exploited to control the proposed CIDS and provide the reporting service. Finally, it has been shown that the proposed approach overcomes all problems associated with attacks on the cloud raised in the literature. © 2021 Wisam Elmasry et al., published by De Gruyter 2021.
- PublicationRestrictedComparison of Tolerance Related Proteomic Profiles of Two Drought Tolerant Tomato Mutants Improved by Gamma Radiation(Elsevier B.V., 2021) ÇELİK, ÖZGE; AYAN, ALP; MERİÇ, SİNAN; ATAK, ÇİMENLycopersicon esculentum L., also known as tomato, is an important industrial plant due to its products which worth billions of dollars annually, besides its nutritional value and health benefits. In this study, we investigated the two-dimensional protein expression profiles in drought tolerant mutant plants derived from industrial 5MX12956 tomato variety by Cs-137 gamma radiation source induced mutations. Drought tolerance of mutants were evaluated and confirmed by in vivo and in vitro methods. Eleven drought responsive protein spots were identified by two-dimensional electrophoresis and MALDI-TOF-MS. Identified proteins which presented differential expression under drought conditions were clustered under six distinct groups based on their cellular functions. These clusters are ATP and carbohydrate metabolism, mRNA processing and protein phosphorylation, oxidation reduction and stress response, signaling and supporting cytoskeleton. Our results contributed proteomic data to drought tolerance of our tomato mutants which were originated from drought susceptible 5MX12956 variety. They may also facilitate basis for future investigations into the genetic and physiological aspects of this tolerance. © 2021 Elsevier B.V.
- PublicationRestrictedHeterofonik Türk Makam Müziginde İşitsel Melodi Kestirimi(Enstitute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc., 2021, [Date of Conference: 09-11 June 2021]) ŞİMŞEK, BERRAK ÖZTÜRKIn this study, the Improved Variable Mode Decomposition Method (IVMD) is proposed for the estimation of the audio melody in heterophonic works that constitute the general texture of Turkish maqam music. In our study, the fundamental frequencies of the records belonging to huzzam, kurdilihicazkar, ussak, and rast maqams were estimated by using the IVMD method. Since the basis of the heterophonic texture is that the same melody is performed by more than one instrument, the estimated fundamental frequencies are more than one for each time window. After the multiple frequency estimation, in order to obtain the audio melody of the music recording and therefore a single frequency line, the selection of the frequencies belonging to the audio melody line from the fundamental frequencies was made. The study has been compared with the methods widely used in the analysis of polyphonic music works such as YIN and MELODIA. When the comparisons were evaluated on the basis of maqam and mixture according to the MIREX criteria, successful results were obtained with the IVMD method. © 2021 IEEE.